It has anti-microbial properties, but the quality of the evidence is low. Even so, it is used to treat dermatological conditions, like dandruff, acne, lice, herpes and skin infections.Tea tree oil (melaleuca oil) is widely used in low concentrations in cosmetics and skin washes.It is distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Benefits for acne
- The topical application of tea tree oil may reduce the total number of skin. Tea tree oil is approximately as effective as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, but it may cause allergic contact dermatitis. Its anti-acne effects include antibacterial action against Propionibacterium acnes and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is poisonous when swallowed. It may cause drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities and severe rashes.
- At high concentrations, topical application can cause skin irritation and allergies. It is not recommended for treating head lice in children because it could cause skin irritation.
- It is not recommended for treating fungal infections like athlete’s foot and nail fungus, because the evidence for its effectiveness is weak and it does not outperform conventional treatments.
- For external (topical) use only. Do not swallow.
- Do not use in or around the mouth.
- Do not use near the eyes.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Keep sealed and away from air and light, because it will oxidize. Oxidized tea tree oil may cause allergic reactions.
- Fresh camphoraceous odor.
- Color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colourless and clear.
- In vitro testing showed that it contains chemicals which are weakly estrogenic.
- 10 ml
- Sealed glass bottle
- This bottle has a nozzle that pours the oil drop for drop without spilling.
Buy 1 for R 60 each. Total = R 60
Zoom for big photo
Buy 2 for R 55 each. Total = R 110
Buy 5 for R 50 each. Total = R 250
Buy 10 for R 46 each. Total = R 460
Prices include VAT and insurance.
| Shipping method|| Number of items|| Cost|
| Collect from South Africa, Pretoria, Sunnyside East|| any|| R 00|
| Courier to big cities, delivery 2-3 days|| 1 to 10|| R 50|
| Courier to a town beyond 30 km from big cities, delivery 4-5 days|| 1 to 10|| R143|
| South African post office to a town beyond 30 km from big cities, delivery 7 or more days|| 1 to 10|| R 65|
Buy or make a free enquiry
This page has been updated on the 2017-09-11.