Scar smooth is silicone scar sheets to smooth away your scars. Heal and treat your scars without lasers.
- Hypertrophic scars occur when the body overproduces collagen. They form a red raised lump on the skin. They occur 4 to 8 weeks following wound infection. They do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound. They usually improve over 1 to 2 years, but may look bad and itch. Some people have an inherited tendency to this type of scarring, e.g. people with the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Classic Type.
- Keloid scars form within scar tissue. Collagen, used in wound repair, tends to overgrow in this area, producing a lump many times larger than that of the original scar. They grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound. They can grow indefinitely into large, tumorous (although benign) neoplasms. Keloids do not subside over time. They occur most often in dark-skinned people, young people (10 to 20 years old), young females, people whose parents have them. In some people, keloid scars form spontaneously.
- Comfortable to wear under clothing, because it is thin and fabric backed.
- No need for additional wraps or taping because it is self adhesive.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Does not contain active ingredients (drugs).
- Can be used on old and new scars. Will prevent excessive scar formation in the 1st place.
- Unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, because it does not contain natural rubber latex.
Approve appearance of the scar within 4 to 8 weeks.
- Do not use creams, because they may interfere.
- Do not use on open wounds or burns. Wait until the is no weeping or crusting at the wound (1 to 2 weeks).
- If a rush or irritation occurs, stop using it for at least 24 hours.
- Clean your hands and the scar area with soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
- Peel off the lining from the adhesive side of the sheet.
- Stick the adhesive side of the silicone sheet directly on the scar. The sheet should cover beyond the scarred area on all sides.
- Keep on for 12 to 23 hours per day. It may be better to start with shorter periods.
- Remove and wash sheet daily. The same sheet can be reapplied 7x without losing adhesion.
- Continue for about 3 months.
Features Patented Silon technology. Made from medical grade silicon. Does not contain antibiotics. Is not sterile. a packet contains 1 sheet.
How these products work?
Silon hydrates the scar tissue which softens the scar tissue.
Buy 1 for R240 each. Total = R 240
Zoom for big photo
Buy 5 for R223 each. Total = R 1115
Buy 9 for R205 each. Total = R 1845
Prices include VAT and insurance.
| Shipping method|| Number of items|| Cost|
| Collect from South Africa, Pretoria, Sunnyside East|| any|| R 00|
| Courier to big cities, delivery 2-3 days|| 1 to 10|| R 55|
| Courier to a town beyond 30 km from big cities, delivery 4-5 days|| 1 to 20|| R143|
| South Africa post office to a town beyond 30 km from big cities, delivery 7 or more days|| 1 to 20|| R 65|
Buy or make a free enquiry
This page has been updated on the 2017-09-11.